Hey guys! Samantha here. I've been really wanting to put together/have an art show in the Wilmington area for us Delaware etsy artists. I have a location in mind (The Greenbank Mill) and that's about it. If you're in Wilmington and know of a nice place we could rent out, let me know by commenting, please.
This is what we'll need:
1. To rent a location. This means we will need everyone to pitch in on cost. It is normal to have to rent a booth at an art show, and this is what I mean.
2. Marketing. I will design a flyer that everyone can print out, and invitations that everyone can send out.
3. There will have to be tickets. This will have to be a ticketed event because there is a limited amount of people allowed in a lot of rentable locations due to the fire marshal's standards. The greenbank mill holds like 200 people I believe. Tickets will be extremely cheap, and door prizes will be given.
4. Door prizes will be things that us etsy artists give away, but in a basket together looking nice. So everyone will be expected to give (or make to give) just some small trinkets or gift certificates to their shop, etc. This will help bring the people in, so it's a good investment.
5. I am thinking we could possibly get etsy to sponsor our show and provide stickers and give away things. They do offer this to large group activities that promote their web site. So if we plan on enough of an outcome, we can get their support.
We need artists! I am going to make up an application that you can submit along with your booth/rental fee. Please let your etsy friends know so that we can have a good time together and sell our beautiful crafts :)
PLEASE COMMENT and let me know your thoughts!